Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm just having a terrible morning and I can't even say why. Some days are just that way. It takes an incredible amount of energy to keep my composure at work. Weekends are pretty much my time to cry, but it seems to be spilling over into monday morning.

The local sheriff's department, although totally underwhelming in their recovery efforts, are very efficient in using the information and photos of the accident to make a powerpoint presentation for the local high schools about boater safety. They will be presenting it for the first time on friday and I intend to be there to make sure their information is accurate. I've found that they want to change facts to fit their own agenda, and they need to know that this is not ok, and incredibly hurtful to the family of the drowning victim. Even though the police reports reflects the fact that none of the 4 men involved in the accident were wearing life vests, the sheriff's department news release stated that "3 men wore life vests, while the 4th man, while wearing no flotation device, elected to swim to shore" As if to say 'he was foolish, and this is what happened.' Not, thank God we didn't lose all 4 men. Not, he was brave and the boat was going down again and wouldn't support all of them and he thought his only option was to swim.

I want to scream, I want to cry, I want to pound the walls. I want my heart to quit aching. Just for a minute, then I could go on for a little longer.

2 Comments:

Blogger stephanieee said...

Go ahead and scream and cry and pound the walls. Do whatever it takes to get through each day.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Betty Ann said...

You've got this as much under control as anyone possibly could. Instead of holding all the extra hurt inside, you're confronting the authorities if they need confronting TO PROTECT THE MEMORY OF YOUR DARLING. Get in their face if need be and set the record straight. Yes, we love you. Moo.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home