Wednesday, May 31, 2006



This is my lunch break photo today - it's my hybrid tea roses just starting to bloom. In my next garden, I'm going to research my roses for disease resistance before I buy. I love the big blooms of hybrid teas, but they blackspot like crazy in this climate unless I'm constantly spraying, which I don't do. They look beautiful this time of year, but by September they usually get a little spotty.

I thought that I'd get lots of work done in the yard this Memorial Day weekend, but mother nature didn't feel like co-operating. We had heavy rain both Saturday and Sunday. I still managed to get a little bit done on Monday, but nothing too exciting. I'd started trimming back a huge snowball viburnum that had gotten out of hand, when DH decided he'd help me. What is it with men and power tools???? He turned a nice peaceful afternoon in the garden into an ear splitting bushwhacking. First he pulls out the power hedge trimmer. Then out comes the chainsaw to get the bigger branches. Then the power leaf blower..... and if that wasn't enough, the pressure washer to clean the patio and deck. Oh, and he finished it off by mowing the yard. I'd long given up and gone into the house for a nap. Some days you've just got to know when to walk away.... I'm really not complaining (even though it sounds like it) because there's no way I could keep up with everything without him and all his power tools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home