Thursday, May 04, 2006




Aaaaah springtime. I love to catch some sun on my lunch break, and that lemon pie was sunshine on a fork. This is something else I'll miss about my house - 3 minute commute to work so I can go home for lunch. The second picture is the wisteria that grows against my house. It's starting to take over the world, but I won't have to worry about that too much longer. Note to self: at the next place build a very sturdy gazebo to grow it over, do not, I repeat, do not grow it on the side of the house. This stuff will pull down an entire building..... but gee, it is pretty, isn't it? The last picture is why I wanted to buy our house in the first place. These dark purple lilacs have the most heavenly smell you can possibly imagine. There is nothing in the world like it. Ok, I'm still getting the hang of this. The pictures are in the opposite order I thought they would be. You get the idea, though.

I'm getting ready to host Bunco on the 13th of this month. I seem to need something to motivate me to finish projects and clean the house. Having 11 friends over does it for me. If you've never heard of Bunco, it's a dice game that's really an excuse to eat, drink and have fun with a group of your bestest buddies. We've been playing together for about 4 years now. In that time some of us have had babies, some have become Grandmothers, some have gotten divorced, some have gotten engaged, some have emptied their nests, and some are counting down the days until their adult children move out, some have had catastrophic illness affect them. Through it all, we've been there for each other. Nothing like girl friends, and they only get better with age.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Joy,
How sad that you have to leave your home. Since they are bulldozing, you will (at least) be able to dig up all your plants to take with you.
Your wisteria and lilac are beautiful.
I will look forward to seeing your new garden develop.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home