Wednesday, May 03, 2006



Hi. What the hell, I thought I'd add my 2 cents to the flotsam and jetsam on the internet. Not that I have an exciting life, but it's my life and so far I'm enjoying most of it. A little about me - I hit the big 5-0 this year. Woman. Married for 27 years to a wonderful man. 2 kids, girl 26 and boy 23. 1 beautiful Granddaughter who is 10 weeks old. 1 sweetheart of a daughter in law. A goofy golden retriever and a pitbull mix. Things I like - my garden, cooking mega amounts for friends and family, reading, mostly fiction, worrying about my weight (I must like it b/c I do it a lot), and as goofy as it sounds, taking care of my husband. He thinks its the other way around, but I know better. We have our own business, which is construction related. Yes, we do work together, but we have our own areas of responsibility so we've managed not to get on each others nerves at work too much.

In the next year or so we expect to either build a house or buy a new one. We tend to like the rural life, although I'm not sure if that's me or DH. Let's just say he wouldn't be happy living in a neighborhood, I think I could be happy as long as I had a big enough lot to have a huge garden. He needs an excuse to have a tractor. We've sold our place to a developer. They're going to bulldoze everything we've worked for the last 15 years to build or restore. My garden will be mowed down. The thing is, we really can't turn down what these ppl are willing to pay. It will be enough to buy a new place in the country, paid in full, with enough left over to fund our retirement. That doesn't mean I won't be grieving the loss of our home when we have to go. Enough of that - it's hard to boo-hoo with people throwing money at you. Anyway, other ppl don't want to hear you whining. And by the way, I'm not going to worry too much about other ppl here - this is my blog so there.

The picture above is my garden now in the spring and hopefully I'll be showing you my next garden, which I'm already planning in my mind. In the mean time, I'll post a few old and new pictures of this and that. I was seduced into buying our present house, which was basically a shack when we moved in, by the lilacs that were in bloom when we first looked at the place. I'm digging up starts of them for the next grand project. Things my next garden must have - flowering cherry trees, flowering magnolias, star magnolia, flowering crab apples, lilacs, of course, snowball viburnum, Kerns pink snowball viburnum, wisteria, mock orange, clematis montana, iris, both tall bearded and siberian, & peony. And that's just the spring flowering stuff. I forgot to mention we live in Oregon so I can basically grow about anything, just stick it in the ground and it takes off.

2 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Woohoo! You did it. Your garden is BEAUTIFUL!

I wasn't sure if that was you commenting the other day but now I know. :-)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Welcome to blogland. I'm approaching my 1K entry (gulp), so I guess I like it. ; )
I've met some really nice people through blogger and I bet you will too.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home